02/10/2011

When I was a child...

... I was obsessed with Barbies.

I had so many. I guess you could say, i was a spoiled little girl!
But from 1983 to 1990, my favourite thing on earth was to play with my dolls for hours...
I would cast the right Barbie, give her the right look, create the set, and then play the stories i had imagined for hours, days, and sometimes even weeks!

Of course, over the years, i lost many items and my cat had a real good time chewing some of them. And eventually, i stopped playing with them completely.

But a couple of years ago, i found a big bag in a closet with all the barbies i had when i was little and another one full of clothes !!

Some were in really good condition, some really bad.
But i decided to give a second life to my favourite toy of all time.

They were a little dirty and almost all of them wearing the wrong clothes so i was a bit lost at first. I had to make research to get all the right names and outfits.
And being french, my dolls are going by different names than the american ones.

So i decided to restore them as best as i could to have a beautiful collection and enjoy those amazing dolls again.

This blog is to show you my collection and maybe help you with yours, but also to trade for missing parts and ask for advice when i can't recognize an item.

So I hope you will enjoy it!

++
Angie.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire